Who We Are
Ladies View Industries is owned and managed by the O’Shea family having been established by Mortimer O’Shea in 1937. The business is located at a famous beauty spot known as Ladies View, which is part of the world renowned Ring of Kerry and also located within Killarney National Park. Ladies View gets its name from the pleasure expressed by Queen Victoria’s Ladies’ in waiting on their visit to the spot in 1861. The O’Shea family business at Ladies View comprises of a Gift Store, Café and Bar and provides the visitor to the area with a welcome break and rest.
A few words about
Mortimer O’Shea was running a tweed manufacturing and electricity generating mill in Kenmare in the 1930s. He recognised an opportunity in a growing tourist market to sell his tweed and so in 1936 purchased a site at Ladies View. In 1937 he opened a small Gift Shop and named it Ladies View Industries. In the early 1950s, Mortimer’s son Ray started working in the business. Ray and his wife Maureen continued the business and developed it further. In 1997, Ray and Maureen’s son Raymond together with his wife Carol joined the business and continue to run the business today.